Tip of the Day
One this page it will give you a tip each day that can be used to each day when using Windows 10.
Use the keys CTRL + N to make a new window in a variety of programs and in file explorer
- In Edge use the keys CTRL+W to close the tab you're currently in
Use CTRL+X to cut an object of piece of text quickly
- Use Ctrl+Z to undo an action you've just done
- Ctrl+V to quickly paste an object by just using the keyboard
- Ctrl+C (or Ctrl+Insert) to quickly copy an object by just using the keyboard
- Access your notification quickly by using the windows key and v
- Want to quickly access the settings on your PC use the windows key and I
Want to delete an item without putting it in the recycle bin use the keys shift and delete
- Windows key and tab, the task view will appear easily switch between different apps
- If using a virtual desktop close it easily by using the Windows key + CTRL + F4.
- Press the Windows key and A to to see the action centre to see notifications and access quick tools
- Press the Windows key and S to quickly search for any item on your computer
- Create a virtual desktop really quickly and easily to control so all your applications don't have to be open on one desktop Windows logo key +Ctrl+D
- Want to access the desktop quickly and easily press the Windows Key and D
- New to Windows 10 you can access key tools by right clicking the start menu. You can able to access disk management, mobility options and many more.
- If you use a program a lot, right click on the program and you will be able to choose a variety of options including pin to start menu and pin to task bar.
- Work with more than one desktop. Click the icon to view windows which are open. In the bottom right hand corner select new desktop and work with more than on desktop. Don't let the desktop get congested anymore.
- Work with more than one window at a time. Use the windows key and arrow keys to move windows into the four corners of the screen. Previously on Windows 7 you could see two windows with Windows 10 you work with four windows.